Contents in the box:
- Table Kadai bowl
- Heat resistant cork mat
- Skewer x2
How to use your Table Kadai
- Place the heat resistant cork mat, stand and bowl on a level surface. NB: The mat is not heatproof and will allow reduced heat through. We advise placing extra protection under the mat.
- Start a fire with kindling and firelighters, then add charcoal.
- Do not cook before the fuel has a coating of ash and is grey/white in colour.
- The charcoal should have a coating of ash and be grey/white in colour before starting to cook.
- Allow 20-30 minutes for charcoal to heat up before cooking.
Care and maintenance of your Table Kadai
- The Table Kadai will take on a natural oxidised finish, this is part of the character of the bowl.
- Periodically use an abrasive pad on the bowl and stand to clean, then apply a thin coat of Owatrol Oil.
- All of this can be achieved with the Kadai Care Kit.
- Regular use of vegetable oil on the grill will keep it in good condition.
- The grill is pre-coated with cooking oil that has been heated to cure it - this will burn off during first use.
- We recommend that the grill is cleaned with a scouring pad and hot soapy water before reapplying vegetable oil and storing in a dry place.
- Store your Table Kadai inside for years of use. If left outside the finish may break down; if so clean vigorously, heat to a medium temperature to drive off any moisture and then wipe over with a little vegetable oil.
For your safety:
- The Table Kadai is for outdoor use only. Do not use indoors.
- Only use firelighters that comply with EN 1860-3. Do not use spirits or petrol for lighting or relighting.