How to set up your Original Firebowl
How to use your Original Firebowl
- Set up the bowl on a level surface.
- Cover the bottom of the bowl evenly with Kadai Beads. Kadai Beads ensure your Firebowl will retain heat for longer, help to prevent burning the ground underneath and protect the bowl. Also, they importantly filter out any rainwater. We recommend 2.5L of Kadai Beads for a 50cm bowl, 5L for a 60cm bowl, 7.5L for a 70cm bowl, 10L for an 80cm bowl, 15L for a 90/100/110cm bowl, 20L for a 120/130cm bowl and 30L for a 140/150cm bowl.
- Start a fire with kindling and firelighters.
- Try cooking with a mix of charcoal and wood for added flavour - the charcoal should have a coating of ash and be grey/white in colour before starting to cook.
- Once you have finished cooking you can continue using the Kadai as a firebowl by lifting off the grill with the tongs provided and adding wood to get the fire going. NB: Use kiln dried wood for best results and to reduce smoke. Start with smaller pieces and gradually add increasing sizes of logs as the fire develops.
Care and maintenance of your Original Firebowl
- The Firebowl will take on a natural rust, this is part of the character of the bowl.
- Periodically use a scotch pad on the bowl and stand to remove any loose rust, then apply a thin coat of Owatrol Oil.
- Regular vegetable oiling of the grill will keep it in good condition.
- All of this can be achieved with the Kadai Care Kit - sold separately.
- We recommend that your Firebowl is stored undercover during the winter.
For your safety:
- The Original Firebowl is for outdoor use only. Do not use indoors.
- Only use firelighters that comply with EN 1860-3. Do not use spirits or petrol for lighting or re-lighting.
Your Original Firebowl is guaranteed for 1 year with the use of Kadai Beads against manufacturing defects.