Using your Charcoal/Chimney Starter:
- Fill your Charcoal/Chimney Starter with briquettes or lumpwood charcoal.
- Start a fire in a Kadai Firebowl with firelighters, then position the Charcoal/Chimney Starter over the top of the flames.
- After 10-15 minutes you should see a red glow
coming from the bottom coals of the Charcoal/Chimney Starter, but the charcoal at the top should still be black.
- Using a Kadai Glove tip the charcoal directly into the bowl and put the Charcoal/Chimney Starter aside to cool.
- Spread the hot charcoal around with tongs, then put the Kadai grill in place.
NB: The charcoal should have a coating of ash and be grey/white in colour before starting to cook.
For your safety:
- Do not let the Charcoal/Chimney Starter get too hot as this could damage it and make tipping the charcoal out dangerous.
- Be aware that the Charcoal/Chimney Starter will retain heat for a long time, so keep away from children and pets.