Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 600g strong white flour
- 1 sachet of fast action yeast
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 2 sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 600g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tsp paprika
- 50g mature cheddar, grated
- 50g double Gloucester, grated
- 80g mozzarella, sliced
- 50g peperoni slices
- fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Mix together the flour, yeast, plus a pinch of salt and sugar in a bowl to form the pizza dough.
- On a floured surface knead the dough for around five minutes and then return to the bowl, cover and leave to rest until risen and doubled in size.
- Whist waiting for the dough to rise make a start on the Pizza Pie filling by putting the chopped courgette, sweet red pepper, onion and chicken into the largest of the Set of 3 Skillets.
- Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper, plus paprika and mix together with your hands.
- Put the Skillet into the hot Wood Fired Oven for 10-20 minutes.
- Liberally flour a flat surface and roll out the risen dough - you need the final shape to be a bigger circumference than the medium Skillet.
- Place the base in the Skillet and work the edge of the base up the side of the pan to create a lip.
- Fill the Pizza Pie with the cooked chicken and vegetables.
- Cover with The Perfect Tomato Sauce and top with all the cheeses.
- Add the pepperoni slices and a few basil leaves.
- Slide the Pizza Pie into the Wood Fired Oven - make sure its hot before doing so.
- Cook until ready.