Top Tip - We suggest reading through all the recipes and working out your timings to make sure all these delicious dishes come together perfectly at the end. Also, watching the cook-a-long video will help tremendously, here.
Chorizo in Red Wine
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 12 cooking chorizo
- 350ml red wine
- Cook the onion in an oiled Skillet on a hot Kadai until softened.
- Then add the whole garlic cloves and chorizo.
- Once the onions have caramalised and there's some colour to the chorizo, pour the wine into the Skillet and leave to simmer.
- Keep the chorizo cooking for as log as possible and if the wine looks low then top it up.
Aubergine with Prawn Salt
- 1kg prawn shells and heads
- 200ml oil
- 1 aubergine, sliced lengthways, 1cm thickness
- Pinch of salt
- Put the prawn shells and heads into a Skillet and cover with oil, then place over the heat.
- Once they are crispy and fried remove them from the oil and place on paper towels.
- Crumble the very crispy parts into a mortar, add the salt and grind up with the pestle until a salt-like consistency.
- Brush the aubergine slices with the oil the prawns were cooked in and place them straight onto the grill until cooked.
- Generously season with the prawn salt
Spring Onions with Romesco Sauce
- 3 tomatoes, quartered and seeds removed
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 sweet peppers
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 10 spring onions
- Pinch of salt
- Place the tomatoes and garlic on a Grill Tray, then put on the edge of the Kadai heat.
- Add the peppers straight onto the grill.
- Once all the vegetables have softened and charred take them off the heat.
- Peel off the charred pepper skin and stalks and throw them into a mortar.
- Also add 4 cloves of the garlic bulb, the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt and a good drizzle of oil.
- Work it down with the pestle until you have a sauce consistency.
- Put the spring onions on a grill tray and drizzle with a little oil, then place on the Kadai.
- Once cooked take them off the heat and drizzle over the romesco sauce.
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 500g calamari, sliced
- 500ml oil
- Season the flour with the paprika and a pinch of prawn salt (see other recipe).
- Coat the calamari in the flour mix.
- Heat up the oil in a Skillet and once hot start dropping the calamari in and cook until crispy.
- 1kg potato, sliced into 5mm tick discs
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 200ml oil
- Heat the oil in a Skillet and once hot drop in the potato discs.
- Once the potatoes have started to crisp up, add in the onion and cook until soft.
- Pour the eggs into the Skillet, then let it cook slowly in the residual heat of the fire.
Grilled Clams and Wild Garlic Butter
- 500g fresh clams
- Bunch of wild garlic, sliced (if unavailable garlic cloves can be used)
- 50g butter
- Put the clams into a Grill Tray on the Kadai - they should start to fizz.
- Once they have started to open up throw in the wild garlic and butter and mix into the clams before it melts through the tray.
- Keep cooking until all the clams have opened up - discard any clams that stay shut!