- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 900g tinned whole tomatoes
- 500g passata
- 3tbsp tomato puree
- 3tsp sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4tsp celery salt
- Basil leaves
- Over a gentle heat, place olive oil and onion in the Kadai Cooking Bowl. Stir frequently, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic, then immediately add the tinned tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Then add the passata, tomato puree, all seasonings and the basil.
- Simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes. Serve on pasta with some grated cheese and chopped fresh basil, or as a pizza topping
Add bacon into the Cooking Bowl with the onions if you want a meat alternative.