Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 bag of potatoes
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil or goose fat
- Bulb of Garlic
- Slice the potatoes into halves or quarters (if the potatoes are big)
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan to boil for 7 minutes on a hob, then leave off the heat in the water for 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, light the Kadai and heat the Zhara Pan up on the Holi Grill with the Cookware Lid on
- Once the potatoes shave boiled put them on an oiled Zhara Pan with salt and pepper, then cover with the Cookware Lid and shake well. Top tip- try and fluff them up
- Add some extra charcoal to the fire, then after a few minutes push the embers to the outside of the bowl leaving a 20cm centre in the middle.
- Put the Zhara Pan in the place of the Hoi grill and cook the potatoes for roughly 20 minutes (depends on the heat of your Kadai, top up with charcoal every 5 minutes or so)
- Once the potatoes are soft in the middle, build up some hot charcoal in the centre and keep the Zhara Pan in the middle
- Cook the potatoes on a higher temp until the outside is crispy
- Serve with some roasted garlic and sea salt with any Christmas dinner