Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 small prepared mackerel
For the paste
- 2 red chilies - deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- Fresh root ginger - grated to taste
- 4 tsp honey
- 2 limes - grated zest and juice
- Dash of sesame oil
- ½ tsp Thai fish sauce - optional
- Make the paste by combining the ingredients with a tablespoon of oil.
- Score each side of the mackerel and brush them with the remaining oil.
- Heat the Zhara Roasting Pan and wipe with oil.
- Cook the mackerel for around 6 minutes on each side, until well cooked (we like ours crispy).
- Drizzle over the paste and serve immediately.
Nice with crusty bread.