Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 bulb fennel
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red chili - deseeding optional
- A good pinch saffron if you have some
- Glug of white wine
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 400ml fish stock
- 600g of fish fillets (e.g. salmon, bream, sea bass, mullet , haddock)
- Half a dozen large raw tiger prawns (or other suitable shellfish)
- Lemon juice / fresh parsley to taste
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, celery, fennel and chilli.
- Heat oil in Kadai Cooking Bowl and add the above chopped veg and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the tomatoes, wine and stock and bring to the boil.
- Raise Kadai Cooking Bowl up on the chain and simmer for approximately half an hour.
- Chop the fish into large chunks, then add fish and shellfish to the bowl and cook for 10 mins or until fish is cooked.
- Add plenty of lemon, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.