Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Drizzle of honey
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin (or squash) cut into wedges
- 2 locally sourced rump steaks
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 slices of bread
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
- 50g feta cheese
- Pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- Build up a hot bed of charcoal in the Kadai and add the Grill without the centre piece.
- Put a whole red onion into the fire to dirty cook for 15 minutes.
- Lightly oil a small Grill Tray with olive oil and place on the Grill.
- Place the pumpkin wedges on the Grill Tray and cover in a light coat of honey.
- Fry the pumpkin until soft, turning when needed.
- Place the Zhara Roasting pan in the centre of the Grill directly on the hot coal to heat up.
- Cook the Rump steaks on the Zhara Pan and flip every 40 seconds. This will sear the outside of the meat and keep the inside pink. Continue to cook both steaks to your liking.
- Meanwhile take the sliced ciabatta rolls and place onto the grills to toast.
- Once all the components are ready, peel the onion and slice into long strips.
- Then remove the pumpkin wedges and ciabatta from the grill and thinly slice the steak.
- To assemble the open sandwich layer the pumpkin, steak, and onion onto the ciabatta roll.
- Garnish the dish with crumbled feta cheese, pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, balsamic and rocket for the perfect Autumnal lunch.