- A roll of shortcrust pastry
- 3 eggs
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 175ml single cream
- pumpkin puree (1 butternut pumpkin)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Salted caramel sauce
- Dollop of whipped cream
- Set up the Wood Fired Oven on a Kadai and build up a roaring fire at the back.
- Whilst the Oven warms up line a medium Skillet with pastry and the grease proof paper attached to it.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then add the pumpkin purée, single cream, spices, and salt, combining into a smooth mixture.
- Slowly begin to pour the filling onto the pastry base and crimp the crust with a fork.
- Using the Kadai Glove carefully place the skillet inside the Oven and cook until firm in the middle. This will take roughly 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the Skillet from the oven and once cooled remove the pie.
- Cut the pie into tasty slices and top with some whipped cream and caramel sauce. Then enjoy with family after a Kadai feast.
- Start by making some pumpkin purée. Cut a pumpkin into cubes and place in a colander over a pan of simmering water. Cook for 15 minutes then bind in a blender.
Tip- Make sure you keep the fire bellow the Oven going whilst the pie cooks.