Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Green apples (as many as needed)
- 150ml water
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- Coatings: sprinkles, shredded coconut, pistachios and chocolate chips
- Put the apples in a bowl of boiling water for 10 minutes to remove the waxy coating.
- Over a hot Kadai start to warm up the Cooking Bowl.
- Add the water and then the sugar and slowly bring to the boil.
- As the liquid bubbles away make sure you top the Kadai up with wood.
- Once the sugar has dissolved add the golden syrup.
- As the colour of the mixture starts to turn a light golden brown, test if its ready by drizzling some in a bowl of cold water to check if it hardens.
- When the toffee is cooked take the Cooking Bowl off the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Spear the apples with a skewer, then dip the apples in the toffee coating.
- Then dip in your desired coating.
- Leave the apples to cool and harden, then serve for some spooky fun.