Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 rack of lamb, french trimmed
- 100g pistachios, crushed
- 50g fresh mint finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sumac
- Salt and pepper
- Bring lamb rack up to room temperature before cooking and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the lamb rack whole on your Kadai over medium coals, turning regularly to reduce flare ups as the fat rendors.
- When the rack hits an internal temperature of 50 degrees for medium, remove from the grill and put to one side to rest.
- Take a Kadai Skillet Pan and place on the Kadai over a medium heat. Add the pistachios and cumin seeds to the dry pan and toast until they start to become golden.
- Add the honey, lemon juice, sumac, fresh mint and a pinch of salt to the pan - stir everything together and then remove from the heat.
- Spoon the pistachio mixture onto the fat cap side of the lamb rack and pat down to form an even crust.
- Rest for another few minutes before slicing the cutlets between the bones and serving immediately.