Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 68g beetroot, peeled and grated
- 5 tbsp water
- 120g whole wheat flour or chapati flour, plus extra for chapati rolling
- Salt to taste
- Add grated beetroot and 2 tbsp water to a food processor and blend until a smooth puree is formed.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Pour the puree into the large bowl and mix using fingertips.
- Now add the rest of the water, a little at a time, as you knead into a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the oil on the dough and then knead it again until smooth.
- Divide into 10 equal portions and roll into balls, then flatten each of them between your palms.
- Take one flattened disc, dip both sides into more flour and roll into a 15cm diameter circle of even thickness.
- Heat the Chapati Pan in the flames of the Kadai Firebowl, once hot place the chapati on.
- After a few seconds, as you see a few bubbles, flip the chapati and cook the other side.
- Repeat this process for the 9 other rolled chapatis.
- Tastes great with ghee smeared over the top and used to scoop up your curry.