Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 8)
390g Swiss cheese (2 blocks)
390g Gruyere cheese (2 blocks)
2 cloves Garlic
1 large glass white wine
1 measure of brandy
3 tbsp cornflour
Freshly grated nutmeg
Salt and pepper
1. Grate the cheese and spoon in 3 tbsp of cornflour, coating the cheese as evenly as possible.
2. Light your Kadai and set up the Tripod. In the Cooking Bowl add crushed garlic and white wine. Simmer for a few minutes, then add the lemon, brandy and slowly add handfuls of cheese into the mix so it begins to melt.
3. Once the cheese has fully melted allow to cook away. The cornflour should then begin to thicken the mixture to create your fondue.
4. The wine will need to cook out as much as possible or this will leave a bitter taste. Once you are happy this has been achieved grate fresh nutmeg, add salt and pepper and stir. Allow to cook for a few more minutes.
5. Whilst the fondue cooks, carve out your pumpkin (keeping the pulp for another recipe). Then carefully ladle or pour the fondue into the pumpkin. Place the pumpkin into the embers of the fire.
6. Serve with your choice of accompaniments. Bread, new potatoes, pickles, cauliflower florets all work well.