The Travel Kadai with Cookware Set is the ultimate portable barbecue fire bowl and a perfect size for small terraces, camping, taking on holiday or to the beach. Complementing the Travel Kadai, the great Cookware Set has a Dome Lid for roasting, a pair of hand-forged Skewers for kebabs and a Grill Tray for cooking meats, vegetables, fish and halloumi. It all packs away neatly into its own cotton Duffle Bag for carrying.The Travel Kadai is a 40cm diameter bowl.Average height of Firebowl and Stand combined: 41cm Includes Travel Kadai, Dome Lid, Stand, Grill, 2 Skewers, Grill Tray, Tongs, Cotton Duffle Bag and 2.5L Kadai Beads.
We recommend 2.5 litres of Kadai Beads in the bottom of your bowl to help with drainage and extend the life of your Kadai.
History of Kadai
How to use your Travel Kadai
- Cover the bottom of the bowl evenly with about 5cm of Kadai Beads. This ensures your fire bowl will retain the heat for longer, raise the level of the charcoal closer to the grill and insulates some of the heat to help prevent burns on the ground underneath your Kadai.
- Make sure your Kadai is on a level surface before lighting.
- If you are using your Kadai as a barbecue:
- We recommend using lumpwood charcoal or charcoal briquettes.
- Surround firelighters with charcoal and light.
- The Kadai should be heated up and the fuel kept red hot for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Do NOT cook before the fuel has a coating of ash and is grey/white in colour.
- Once you have finished cooking you can continue using your Kadai as a fire bowl by lifting off the grill with the tongs provided and adding small pieces of wood to get the fire going - it might smoke a little until the flames take hold.
4. If you are using your Kadai as a fire bowl:
- Using dry wood is best; the dryer the wood the less smoke it will produce.
- Start a fire with kindling and firelighters, then gradually add larger logs.
Care & maintenance of your Travel Kadai
- Your Firebowl will take on a natural rust, this is part of the character of the bowl.
- Periodically use wire wool on the bowl, stand and tongs to remove any loose rust.
- Regular vegetable oiling of the grill and bowl will keep it in good condition.
- We recommend that your Firebowl is stored undercover during the winter.
- The grill is pre-coated with cooking oil that has been heated to cure it (similar to a wok) but this will burn off during the first use.
- After use it is advisable to clean the grill with a wire brush and hot soapy water, dry with a cloth, coat with cooking oil and then store in a dry place.
- All of this can be achieved with the Kadai Care Kit – sold separately.
The Firebowl and accessories will be hot when used, please ensure that these items have cooled down completely before placing in the duffle bag.
For your safety
- Do NOT use indoors, in a garage, enclosed area or under any form of combustible roof! The Travel Kadai is for outdoor use only.
- Do NOT use spirits or petrol for lighting or re-lighting your Firebowl. Only use firelighters complying with EN 1860-3.
- The Firebowl will become VERY hot, do NOT move it whilst it’s lit.
- Keep children and pets away.
Your Kadai is guaranteed for 1 year with the use of the Kadai beads against manufacturing defects. This can be extended to 5 years warranty by filling in the online form. The Kadai conditions of guarantee only apply to material and/or construction faults already present at delivery. Excluded are defects arising from wrong or improper use of the Kadai such as damage by corrosive substances, incorrect maintenance, repair by non- experts, as well as damages occurring from not following the instructions.
Please note: any products purchased from one of our stockist outlets must be returned to the original place of purchase.
Goods will be delivered in a box or on a pallet depending on the size and weight of your complete order.
If your order requires a pallet delivery and your delivery address is not easily accessible, then please let us know as pallets are delivered with HGVs.
Delivery costs will be calculated at checkout. Costs vary depending on the weight of your order and the postcode of the delivery address.
For boxed deliveries to anywhere in England (including Isle of Wight), Wales, Scotland (including Outer Hebrides and Orkney Islands), Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, the delivery charges are shown below (inc. VAT):
- Up to 1kg: £5.50
- 1.1 to 5kg: £7.50
- 5.1 to 20kg: £9.50
- 20.1kg to 75kg: £15 to most UK postcodes - otherpostcodes may vary
For all orders placed Monday to Friday before 5pm for BOXED deliveries, we will deliver within 5-10 working days between Mon - Fri.
Please note: all Original Kadais will be delivered on a pallet along with other certain items due to their volumetric size.
Any orders with a total weight over 75kg will be delivered on a pallet at a cost of £45 to most UK mainland addresses. Some areas within the UK are subject to higher delivery costs due to their location, including: Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands. These prices will be shown at Checkout.
For all orders placed Monday to Friday before 5pm for PALLETISED deliveries, we shall endeavour to deliver within 5-10 working days.
PLEASE NOTE: If you would like delivery to a non UK address continue through to basket and complete your order. We shall contact our couriers and achieve the best delivery quote for you and email at the earliest opportunity.
Please view our Care & Use instructions online in advance of using your cookware.
Be the first to review "Travel Kadai with Cookware Set":