Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 10 sticks of rhubarb
- 8 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 110g butter, softened
- 110g demerara sugar
- 200g plain flour
- Get the Wood Fired Oven hot on your Kadai Firebowl.
- Cut the rhubarb into 7cm lengths and place on in a Skillet. Sprinkle with 4 tbsp of water and the caster sugar then roast in the Wood Fired Oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rhubarb from the Wood Fired Oven, sprinkle the ginger over and mix well.
- In a bowl rub the butter into the flour, then mix in the demerara sugar to make the crumble topping.
- Layer the topping over the roasted rhubarb and bake in the Wood Fired Oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the crumble topping is golden-brown and the filling is bubbling.