Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 red onions
- 500g beef mince (the higher the fat content the better) split into four and moulded into balls
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 8 rashers of streaky smoked bacon
- 4 burger buns
- 8 slices of cheese
- 100ml ale
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Pickles, mustard and tomato ketchup to garnish
- The Stone Griddle Plate needs to be very hot, so as that is heating throw the onions onto the hot embers until they are charcoaled on the outside and caramelised on the inside.
- Carefully take the onions out of the Firebowl and peel away the skin.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of brown sugar and a pinch of salt, then roughly chop.
- Add them to a bowl with balsamic vinegar and mix the relish.
- Cut the bacon rashers in half and cook to you liking on the Stone Griddle Plate, then put to one side.
- Toast the buns for a few seconds, then spread the Dirty Onion Relish on the bottom half of the buns and add pickles, mustard and tomato ketchup.
- Put the balls of mince onto the Stone Griddle Plate, squash them down with the spatula and season.
- Once one side is crisped up, flip them over and season the other side.
- Place two slices of bacon and two slices of cheese on top of each burger, plus the bun tops.
- Then pour the ale into the middle of the Stone Griddle Plate and quickly cover with the Cookware Lid for two minutes.
- Remove the Cookware Lid, build the burgers and enjoy.