Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 2 red peppers - sliced in strips
- 2 green peppers - sliced in strips
- 3 onions- chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 kg tomatoes - chopped (preferably fresh but tinned is ok too)
- 1 whole chicken cut into 6 pieces (removing skin is optional)
- Plenty of salt and pepper
- 150 ml white wine / mixed dried herbs / pinch of cayenne pepper
- Extra chicken stock to hand if the dish reduces
- In your Kadai Cooking Bowl, heat 2 tbsp olive oil - cook the onions and bell peppers for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add the tomatoes, cover and simmer on low to medium heat for 20 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put to one side.
- In 2 tbsp of hot oil, brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Add in the tomato sauce, along with the wine, herbs and cayenne pepper.
- Cover with a piece of foil and simmer for approx. 30 mins.
- Ensure chicken is cooked through before serving.