Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tins tuna drained (brine or spring water)
- 2 spring onions - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn
- 400g mashed potato
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp mustard - preferably wholegrain
- Mix all the ingredients up together in a bowl.
- Form small patties, flatten out slightly, dip into beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Ideally, refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat the Chapati pan over Kadai and fry until golden brown and cooked on both sides.
The tuna can be substituted for crab meat – and if so use red peppers instead of sweetcorn, chopped very finely. When camping we used crumbled cream crackers instead of breadcrumbs.