Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 small whole prepared mackerel
For the paste
- 2 whole red chilies - deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- Fresh root ginger grated to taste
- 4 tsp honey
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- Glug of sesame oil
- ½ tsp Thai fish sauce- optional
- Make the paste by combining the ingredients with a tablespoon of oil.
- Score each side of the mackerel and brush them with the remaining oil.
- Heat the Zhara Roasting Pan and wipe with oil.
- Cook the mackerel for approx. 6 mins on each side, until well cooked. (We like ours crispy).
- Drizzle over the paste and serve immediately.
Nice with crusty bread.