Important: Handle with Care. Please pick your oven up using the top of the main opening initially, and then
carry it using both hands underneath the base. Do not pick it up upside down from the bottom lip, or the
slot in the base.
Lighting Your Wood-Fired Pizza Oven:
Allow a minimum of half an hour for the oven to reach a reasonable cooking temperature. This may vary depending on the outside temperature. The fire needs to burn fiercely so use smaller kindling and logs that are dry.
Our recommendations are:
· We would not advise using paper to light the Kadai as this can cause ash to blow around the oven.
· Never use wood or kindling that has been treated.
· We recommend using hardwood as a fuel as it will produce great heat for cooking your pizzas.
· CAUTION! Do not use spirit or petrol for lighting or re-lighting!
· ATTENTION! Natural clay will absorb water, always keep this oven dry.
When not in use,
keep it covered or indoors.
1. Prepare your Kadai with sand in the base (as per the Kadai Care & Use Instructions).
2. Place your Pizza Oven on its stand in your Kadai. The stand is designed so you can start a fire with the stand and oven already in place.
3. Build a small wigwam of fine kindling towards the back of the Kadai, in line with the cut out in the base of the oven.
4. Once the fire is lit, add more kindling to establish the fire. (Use our Kadai Blow Poker if required).
5. Feed the fire using small hardwood logs. Ideally you need to see flames entering the oven through the cut out.
6. We advise using an oven thermometer (heat proof) to monitor the temperature to ensure that it has reached a minimum of 200 ˚C.
7. Your pizza oven is now ready to use.
Cooking with your Pizza Oven:
Your oven is supplied with a Pizza Peel, and a metal Pizza Plate.
1. You can cook fresh or frozen ready-made pizzas, or you can make your own dough.
2. Once your oven is up to temperature, put the pizza on the metal plate and place in the oven.
3. Your pizza should take between 2 to 6 minutes to cook. Timings will vary depending on the intensity of the fire, and the type of pizza crust.
4. To ensure the pizza cooks evenly, use the pizza peel to turn the pizza occasionally.
· Do not make your pizza base any bigger than the Metal Pizza Plate.
· Flour the Metal Pizza Plate and bottom of the pizza to prevent sticking.
· Try not to add too much topping as this may prevent the pizza from cooking through.
Important, Handle with Care. Please pick your oven up using the top of the main opening initially, and then carry it using both hands underneath the base. Do not pick it up upside down from the bottom lip, or the slot in the base.
To see other accessories in the Kadai range visit www.kadai.com
Kadai Firebowls is a registered trademark of Wilstone House & Gardens Ltd.