Care & Use
How to cure your Waffle Iron
- Heat the body of the Waffle Iron in your Kadai flames until very hot.
- Apply a thin coat of oil on all sides and then reheat until the oil stops smoking.
- Repeat this process until you have a shiny black surface.
Classic Waffle Recipe
- 150g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp sugar
- 1 large egg
- 240ml semi-skimmed milk
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Gradually beat in the egg, then add the milk slowly, whisking as smooth as possible
- Heat the Waffle Iron directly in the fire on both sides
- Remove from the fire and ladle the waffle mixture into the base and close - some mixture will spill out at this point and when you are cooking but this is normal
- Place the Waffle Iron back into the fire, turning regularly
- After around 1 minute the waffle should be cooked
Please note: any products purchased from one of our stockist outlets must be returned to the original place of purchase.