Thank you for purchasing a Kadai. Kadais are traditionally used as large cooking pots at festivals and weddings across India. The tried and tested design has not changed for centuries with riveted plates formed into a bowl shape and fitted with strong carrying handles.
Contents: Bowl, Stand, Grill, Duffle Bag + Tongs (N.B. not designed for food use)
How to use your Kadai:
1. Cover the bottom of the bowl evenly with about 5cm of Kadai Beads or sharp sand (do not use beach sand as this contains salt). This ensures your fire bowl will retain the heat for longer; it raises the level of the charcoal closer to the grill and insulates some of the heat to help prevent burning the ground under the Kadai.
2. Make sure your Kadai is on a level surface before lighting.
3. If you are using your Kadai as a barbecue:
· We recommend using charcoal or charcoal briquettes.
· Make a pyramid using the charcoal; place a firelighter in the middle and light.
· The Kadai should be heated up and the fuel kept red hot for at least 30 minutes prior to the first cooking on the Kadai.
· Do not cook before the fuel has a coating of ash and is grey/white in colour.
· Once you have finished cooking you can continue using your Kadai as a fire bowl by lifting off the grill with the tongs provided and adding small pieces of wood to get the fire going. It might smoke a little until the flames take hold.
4. If you are using your Kadai as a fire bowl:
· Using dry wood is best; the dryer the wood the less smoke it will produce.
· Make a pyramid using paper with kindling or firelighters, then light and gradually add larger pieces of wood.
The fire bowl and accessories will be hot when used, please ensure that these items have cooled down completely before placing in the duffle bag.
For your safety:
· Do not use indoors! The barbecue is for outdoor use only. If used indoors, carbon monoxide will accumulate and can cause serious injury or death. Do not use in garage, building or enclosed area. Do not use this barbecue under any overhead combustible construction.
· CAUTION! Do not use spirit or petrol for lighting or re-lighting! Use only firelighters complying with EN 1860-3!
· ATTENTION! This barbecue will become very hot, do not move it during operation.
· WARNING! Keep children and pets away.
Tip: Before lighting the Kadai, remove any build-up of ash or wet sand from the base of the bowl and replace with fresh dry sand.
We recommend the following care and maintenance:
· Your fire bowl will take on a natural rust finish; this is part of the character of the bowl.
· Periodically use wire wool on the bowl, stand and tongs to remove any loose rust.
· Regular oiling of the grill and bowl with vegetable oil will help to keep them in good condition.
· The grill is pre-coated with cooking oil that has been heated to cure it, similar to a wok, but this will burn off on the first use.
· After use it is advisable to clean the grill with a wire brush and hot soapy water, dry with a cloth and store in a dry place.
· We recommend that fire bowls are stored inside during the winter.
Your Kadai Firebowl is guaranteed for 1 year against manufacturing defects. This can be extended to 5 years by returning your warranty card or filling in the online form at www.kadai.com
The Wilstone conditions of guarantee only apply to material and/or construction faults already present at delivery. Excluded are defects arising from wrong or improper use of the Kadai Firebowl such as damage by corrosive substances, incorrect maintenance, repair by non- experts, as well as damages occurring from not following or incorrect use of the instructions.
If your Kadai Firebowl develops a warranty fault then it is your responsibility to return your Kadai to the place of original purchase along with the receipt.
To register your warranty with us please visit www.kadai.com and go to the Information section at the bottom of the home page.
We are always keen to hear your views about Kadai Firebowls and welcome any comments or photographs. Please contact us on (01694) 771800 or at firstname.lastname@example.org