Travel Kadai Firebowl & Cookware Set – BSI Approved - BS EN 1860-1: 2013
Care & Use Instructions
Thank you for purchasing a Kadai Firebowl. Originating from northern India they are used as large cooking pots at festivals and weddings as well as for general day to day cooking. The tried and tested design has not changed for centuries with riveted plates formed into a bowl shape and fitted with strong carrying handles. Your Kadai Firebowl has been handmade by Indian craftsmen and we hope you have many hours of enjoyment from it.
Contents: Bowl, Stand, Grill, Duffle Bag, Tongs (N.B. not designed for food use), Kadai Lid, 2 Skewers with Pouch, Grill Tray and Glove.
A pouch is provided to store the skewers safely when not in use. Please note these are not a toy and must be kept away from children.
What can I burn in my Kadai?
Recommended fuels for use in your Kadai are charcoal, charcoal briquettes or wood and the maximum weight of fuel is about 3.5kg. If you are using the Kadai as a fire bowl we recommend very dry wood. The dryer the wood the less smoke the fire will produce. If you are using it as a barbecue we recommend charcoal. To maximize cooking time use charcoal briquettes.
1. Cover the bottom of the bowl evenly with about 5cm of Kadai Beads (Available separately).
This ensures your fire bowl will retain the heat for longer; it raises the level of the charcoal closer to the grill and insulates some of the heat to help prevent burning the ground under the Kadai.
2. Make sure your Kadai is on a level surface before lighting.
· We recommend using Lumpwood charcoal or charcoal briquettes.
· Make a pyramid using the charcoal; place a firelighter in the middle and light.
· The Kadai should be heated up and the fuel kept red hot for at least 30 minutes prior to the first cooking on the Kadai.
· Do not cook before the fuel has a coating of ash and is grey/white in colour.
· Once you have finished cooking you can continue using your Kadai as a fire bowl by lifting off the grill with the tongs provided and adding small pieces of wood to get the fire going. It might smoke a little until the flames take hold.
· Using dry wood is best; the dryer the wood the less smoke it will produce.
· Make a pyramid using paper with kindling or firelighters, then light and gradually add larger pieces of wood.
The fire bowl and accessories will be hot when used, please ensure that these items have cooled down completely before placing in the duffle bag.
· Do not use indoors! The barbecue is for outdoor use only. If used indoors, carbon monoxide will accumulate and can cause serious injury or death. Do not use in garage, building or enclosed area. Do not use this barbecue under any overhead combustible construction.
· CAUTION! Do not use spirit or petrol for lighting or re-lighting! Use only firelighters complying with
· ATTENTION! This barbecue will become very hot, do not move it during operation.
· WARNING! Keep children and pets away.
· Use the barbecue tools provided when handling the hot materials.
· Use the glove provide when cooking and adjusting the lid.
Tip: When the ash bed has built up or if it is damp and you want to light your fire bowl, scoop out the ash and any dirty/wet sand and replace with some fresh dry sand on top. Place your charcoal or wood on top of the sand and light in the normal way.
We would recommend the following care and maintenance:
Your Kadai Firebowl is guaranteed for 1 year against manufacturing defects. This can be extended to 2 years by returning your warranty card or filling in the online form at www.kadai.com
The included accessories are only guaranteed for 12 months and are not included in the extended warranty option.
The Wilstone conditions of guarantee only apply to material and/or construction faults already present at delivery. Excluded are defects arising from wrong or improper use of the Kadai Firebowl such as damage by corrosive substances, incorrect maintenance, repair by non- experts, as well as damages occurring from not following or incorrect use of the instructions.
If your Kadai Firebowl develops a warranty fault then it is your responsibility to return your Kadai to the place of original purchase along with the receipt.
To register your warranty with us please visit www.kadai.com and go to the Information section at the bottom of the home page.
To see other accessories in the Kadai range visit www.kadai.com