Thank you for purchasing a Table Kadai. Kadais are traditionally used as cooking pots across India. The tried and tested design has not changed for centuries with plates formed into a bowl shape and fitted with strong carrying handles.
Bring live fire cooking to your outdoor table with the Table Kadai. Perfect for searing steak, pan frying scallops, grilling kebabs and toasting marshmallows over flames at your table.
Contents: Kadai, stand, heat resistant mat, two skewers, grills & tongs.
How to use your Kadai:
· Place the Heat Resistant Mat on your table (NB. The mat is not heatproof, and will allow reduced heat through. To ensure that there is no heat damage to your table we advise placing extra protection under the mat. E.g. An old chopping board.)
· Make sure your Kadai is on a level surface before lighting.
· We recommend that you start your Kadai with 500g of charcoal, once up to temperature it can be topped up with charcoal to a maximum of 1kg.
· Make a pyramid using 500g of charcoal; place a firelighter in the middle and light.
· Do not cook before the fuel has a coating of ash and is grey/white in colour.
· The Charcoal should be heated up and the fuel kept hot for at least 30 minutes prior to the first cooking on the Kadai.
For your safety:
· Do not use indoors! The barbecue is for outdoor use only. If used indoors, carbon monoxide will accumulate and can cause serious injury or death. Do not use in garage, building or enclosed area. Do not use this barbecue under any overhead combustible construction.
· CAUTION! Do not use spirit or petrol for lighting or re-lighting! Use only firelighters complying with EN 1860-3!
· ATTENTION! This barbecue will become very hot, do not move it during operation.
· WARNING! Keep children and pets away.
We recommend the following care and maintenance:
· Periodically use wire wool on the bowl, stand and tongs.
· Regular oiling of the grills and bowl with vegetable oil will help to keep them in good condition.
· The grills have been pre-coated with cooking oil that has been heated to cure them, similar to a wok, but this will burn off on their first use.
· After use it is advisable to clean the grills with a wire brush and hot soapy water, dry with a cloth and re-apply cooking oil then store in a dry place.