0 items, £0.00
Kadai Fire Bowls
t: 01694 771800
Charcoal Starter - Instructions for Use
Charcoal Starter – Care & Use Instructions
Thank you for purchasing the Charcoal Starter, a simple, quick and effective way to bring charcoal up to temperature without the need for lighter fluids or other smelly chemicals.
1. Place your Kadai Firebowl on the stand remembering to put the filter in the bottom of the bowl and cover with approximately 10cm of sharp sand.
2. Fill your Charcoal Starter almost to the top, with lump wood charcoal.
3. Place firelighters or scrunched up newspapers in the centre of the Kadai and light.
4. Then position the Charcoal Starter over the top of the flames.
5. It will take approximately 10 minutes for the charcoal to be ready for use when you will see a red glow coming from the bottom of the Starter but the charcoal at the top should still be black and the Charcoal Starter handle cool enough to touch.
Caution: do not to let the Charcoal Starter get too hot as this will damage the handle and make tipping the charcoal out dangerous.
6. Using a heatproof glove, tip the charcoal directly into your Kadai and put the Charcoal Starter aside to cool.
7. Using your tongs spread the hot charcoal out, place your grills in the Kadai and you are ready to cook.
Caution: the Charcoal Starter will remain hot for some time, so care should be taken that children or animals don’t come into contact with it.
Tip: Using Charcoal Briquettes in your Charcoal Starter will double the effective cooking time but will take an additional 10 minutes to reach cooking temperature.
Tip: For large barbecues use the Charcoal Starter to get an initial amount of charcoal hot and add more charcoal over the top piling up like a pyramid and leave to heat through.
To see other accessories in the Kadai range visit www.kadai.com